Sunday 28 June 2009

Chocolate, Nutella and Melted Chocolate Cake

I have to say this is the best chocolate cake I have ever made. (Its not as big as it looks on the picture as its sat on a site plate not a dinner plate)
140g Soft Butter
140g Golden Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
100g Self Raising
25g Cocoa Powder
Approx 5 tbsp Nutella
110g Cadbury Dairy Milk
Sprinkling of Chopped Mixed Nuts
Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and blitz with electric whisk for 2 mins. I have a small 6inch victoria sponge tin so I put half the mixture in this and cooked in 180 oven for about 15 mins. Then i did the same with the second half of the mixture. Once the cakes were cool i spread one with the nutella and sandwiched them together. Next melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave and pour over the cake and sprinkle with the nuts.
You would bet about 8 small slices out of this - or 4/5 greedy sized slices. This is my favourite chocolate cake so far

No comments:

Post a Comment